The use of the Services provided by us constitutes a legally binding contract between you or the company you represent and Hannover Rück SE, Karl-Wiechert-Allee 50, 30265 Hannover, Germany (hereinafter also referred to as "Hannover Re").
You are solely and exclusively responsible that the content uploaded by you using our Services does not infringe any rights of third parties. This applies in particular but not exclusively to any copyrights.
Please read the following conditions carefully and always be aware of your responsibility.
- Your use of the Services and any products and software provided to you by us is subject to these Terms.
- By any access by you to the Services provided by us, you agree to fully comply with these Terms.
- If you do not agree with all or parts of these Terms, you may not use the Services.
Conclusion of contract and User accounts
- The full use of our Services requires that you first set up a user account. You must provide accurate and complete information within this facility. You confirm that the provided information is complete and correct. By completing the online registration process and creating your user account, the contract of use the Services between you and Hannover Rück comes into effect.
- The login data for your user account are your business e-mail address and a password. The e-mail address must always be up to date. This e-mail address is also used for communication between you and Hannover Rück. You are obliged to handle the login data with care. The password must always be kept secret and may not be passed on/transmitted to third parties.
- If you are aware that your user account or its access data has been lost or is being misused, you must inform us immediately.
- You are solely responsible for all actions that occur from your user account, both to us and to third parties.
- You are strictly prohibited from using Hannover Rück Services in a way that it infringes the rights of third parties. In particular, you may not publish pornographic, discriminatory, illegal and/or sexually offensive content using our Services.
- In addition, when using our Services, you undertake to comply with all laws, regulations and provisions, in particular any rights of third parties regarding trademarks, copyright, data protection and/or their respective name/personal rights.
- In any communication between you and other users, any contractual relationships arise exclusively between the users involved. Hannover Rück is neither representative nor does Hannover Rück become a contractual partner itself, unless a corresponding contract is expressly concluded.
User Content and rights of use
As the holder of a user account, you may submit any kind of material including but not limited to text, pictures, graphics and/or trademark signs (hereinafter jointly referred to as "User Content"). You acknowledge that, whether or not such User Content is published, we cannot guarantee confidentiality.
- You retain all ownership rights to your User Content. Notwithstanding this, it is mandatory for the use of our Services that you grant us and other users of the Services limited rights of use. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- By uploading User Content, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, display and perform User Content only in connection with the provision of our Services.
You retain all ownership rights to your User Content. Notwithstanding this, it is mandatory for the use of our Services that you grant us and other users of the Services limited rights of use. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- By uploading User Content, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, display, make available to the public and perform User Content in connection with the provision of our Services.
- By uploading User Content, you also grant each user of the Services a worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty-free license to access your User Content using our Services and to use, display and perform such User Content to the extent permitted by and under the functionality of the Services.
- The licenses granted above will expire as soon as you remove your User Content from the Website.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for your User Content. Hannover Rück does not assume or confirm any User Content or any opinions, recommendations or advice contained therein and we expressly exclude any liability in connection with User Content.
- You represent and warrant that you have (and will have for the entire period of your use of the Services) all necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions necessary for us to use your User Content for the purpose of providing the Services and otherwise use your User Content in the ways set forth in these Terms.
- You are prohibited from posting or uploading any User Content that you possess illegally in your country of residence or whose use or possession by us in connection with the provision of the Services would be illegal.
- You are also prohibited from posting or uploading Personal Data.
- In particular, you agree to comply with applicable law (e.g. criminal law, competition law and the law on the protection of minors) when uploading content and not to violate any rights of third parties (e.g. rights to a name, trademark, copyright, image, confidentiality and privacy/data protection).
In particular, you agree to comply with applicable law (e.g. criminal law, competition law and the law on the protection of minors) when uploading content and not to violate any rights of third parties (e.g. rights to a name, trademark, copyright, image, confidentiality and privacy/data protection).
Explicitly not permitted is content, which depicts concerns or contains:
- incitement and instigation to criminal acts and violations of the law, threats against life, limb or property
- incitement against persons or companies
- statements that violate personal rights, slander, defamation and defamation of character of users and third parties
- violations of the law of fair dealing
- copyright infringing content or content that infringes other intellectual property rights
- sexual harassment of users and ridden
- offensive, sexist, obscene, vulgar, vile or disgusting materials and expression
- The user is entitled to place links to other websites in content that he publishes on the platform if the linked websites are free of content whose publication or dissemination is prohibited in accordance with this section. If necessary, the user shall obtain the consent of the rights holder responsible for the respective linked websites before linking.
- We reserve the right to decide whether to upload, change/alter or delete any kind of User Content. We may, at any time and without prior notice perform these rights.
- As the holder of a user account, you may submit any kind of material including but not limited to text, pictures, graphics and/or trademark signs (hereinafter jointly referred to as "User Content"). You acknowledge that, whether or not such User Content is published, we cannot guarantee confidentiality.
Restrictions on use
By using our Services, you agree to the following restrictions:
- You agree not to distribute Hannover Rück's Services, even in part, via any medium. This also applies to the content provided by you or third parties using our Services;
- You agree not to modify or modify the Services, and
- You agree not to bypass, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related functions of the Services that (i) prevent or restrict the use or reproduction of Content or (ii) ensure restrictions on the usability of the Services or the accessible Content.
- You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services we provide may change from time to time without notice to you.
- You are entitled to stop using the Services at any time. You do not need to separately notify us of your suspension of use of the Services.
- You agree that you are solely responsible in connection with and for the consequences of any breach of your obligations under these Terms and/or applicable laws.
- You agree that Hannover Rück may remove any content or information that you publish using our Services if we believe that you are in breach of these Terms or applicable law, or if we are legally obliged to do so. If you manifestly, seriously and repeatedly violate these Terms or if we are legally obliged to do so, we may immediately deny you access to our Services or discontinue them in whole or in part. If we take such measures to block your account, we will notify you by e-mail.
- You have no claim against Hannover Rück for maintenance of the Service or individual functionalities.
- Hannover Rück strives for a trouble-free operation of the service. This is naturally limited to services over which Hannover Rück has influence. Hannover Rück is free to restrict access to the services in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently, due to maintenance work, capacity issues or other events beyond its control.
- By using our Services, you agree to the following restrictions:
Contents of Hannover Rück
- With the exception of your User Content, all content, in particular all texts, software, graphics, photos, music, sounds and interactive elements (hereinafter also referred to as "Hannover Rück Content") of our Services are either our property or licensed to us. The Hannover Rück Contents are subject to copyrights, trademark rights and other intellectual property rights of our licensors or us. Any trademarks or service marks associated with Hannover Rück Content are the property of their respective owners.
- Hannover Rück Content may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, sent, exhibited, sold, licensed or otherwise used for any other purpose of any kind without the prior written consent of us or our licensors. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to and relating to any Hannover Rück Content.
- The provisions shall remain effective until terminated by you or Hannover Rück in accordance with the following.
Both parties may terminate the contractual relationship with respect to our Services by
- notifying the other party at any time and/or
- closing a respective user account.
- Your termination notification must be sent to our address stated at the beginning of these Terms.
- A message to you will always be sent using the e-mail address you entered in your user account. You are responsible for ensuring that the email address stored for your user account is always up-to-date.
Exclusion of warranty
- The Services are provided "as is" and we make no warranty or guarantee with respect to the Services.
In particular, we do not guarantee or warrant that:
- The use of the Services meets your expectations,
- the use of the Services is not interrupted, timely, secure and error-free; and
- any information obtained as a result of your use of the Services is accurate or reliable.
- We shall only be liable in cases of intent or gross negligence. Liability in case of slight negligence is excluded. These restrictions do not apply in the event of injury to life and limb or under the Product Liability Act.
Irrespective of this, we shall also not be liable for
- any indirect or consequential damages. This includes any loss of profits (whether direct or indirect), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any loss of data suffered by you.
any loss or damage as a result:
- any changes we make or have made to the Services or any permanent or temporary suspension in the provision of the Services;
- the deletion, loss or damage in connection with User Content and other communication data received or transmitted by or through your use of the Service;
- your failure to provide us with accurate information regarding your user account;
- your failure to keep your password or account details secure and confidential.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Hannover Rück, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees) arising from:
- your use of and access to the Service;
- your violation of any term of these Terms;
- all activities carried out using your user account by third parties, except that you are not responsible for the misuse of the user account;
- your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, data protection and/or privacy right; or
- any claim that your User Content caused damage to a third party.
- This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms as well as your use of the Service.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Hannover Rück, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees) arising from:
Changes to the provisions
- We may change the provisions from time to time. If such changes are made, we will make a new copy of the Terms available at https://equarium.hannover-re.com/terms_of_use.
- If you continue to use the Service after the date on which the Terms have changed, you have accepted the new terms.
Final provisions and place of jurisdiction
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods
- Exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this framework agreement or an individual agreement related legal disputes is Hannover, Germany.
- There are no verbal ancillary agreements to this contract.
- Should any provision of this contract be or become invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. The parties undertake to replace the invalid provision by a provision that comes as close as possible to the economic intention. The same applies in the event of a contractual gap.