The use of the Services provided by us constitutes a legally binding contract between you or the company you represent and Hannover Rück SE , Karl-Wiechert-Allee 50, 30265 Hannover (hereinafter also referred to as "Hannover Re").
You are solely and exclusively responsible that the content uploaded by you using our Services does not infringe any rights of third parties. This applies in particular but not exclusively to any copyrights.
Please read the following conditions carefully and always be aware of your responsibility.
- Your use of the Services and any products and software provided to you by us is subject to these Terms.
- By any access by you to the Services provided by us, you agree to fully comply with these Terms.
- If you do not agree with all or part of these Terms, you may not use the Services.
- The use of our Services requires that you first set up a user account. You must provide accurate and complete information within this facility. The password for your user account must always be kept secret and may not be passed on/transmitted to third parties.
- If you are aware that your user account or its access data has been lost or is being misused, you must inform us immediately.
- You are solely responsible for all actions that occur from your user account, both to us and to third parties.
- You are strictly prohibited from using Hannover Re Services in a way that it infringes the rights of third parties. In particular, you may not publish pornographic, discriminatory, illegal and/or sexually offensive content using our Services.
- In addition, when using our Services, you undertake to comply with all laws, regulations and provisions, in particular any rights of third parties regarding trademarks, copyright, data protection and/or their respective name/personal rights.
As the holder of a user account, you may submit any kind of material including but not limited to text, pictures, graphics and/or trademark signs (hereinafter jointly referred to as "User Content"). You acknowledge that, whether or not such User Content is published, we cannot guarantee confidentiality.
- You retain all ownership rights to your User Content. Notwithstanding this, it is mandatory for the use of our Services that you grant us and other users of the Services limited rights of use. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- By uploading User Content, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, display and perform User Content only in connection with the provision of our Services.
- By uploading User Content, you also grant each user of the Services a worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty-free license to access your User Content using our Services and to use, display and perform such User Content to the extent permitted by and under the functionality of the Services.
- The licenses granted above will expire as soon as you remove your User Content from the Website.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for your User Content. Hannover Re does not assume or confirm any User Content or any opinions, recommendations or advice contained therein and we expressly exclude any liability in connection with User Content.
- You represent and warrant that you have (and will have for the entire period of your use of the Services) all necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions necessary for us to use your User Content for the purpose of providing the Services and otherwise use your User Content in the ways set forth in these Terms.
- You are prohibited from posting or uploading any User Content that you possess illegally in your country of residence or whose use or possession by us in connection with the provision of the Services would be illegal.
- You are prohibited from posting or uploading User Content that is the subject of third-party property rights (including confidentiality or personal rights), unless you hold a formal license or other permission from the legal owner that enables you to post the relevant material and grant a license to Hannover Re or third parties pursuant to Section 3 (2).
- You are also prohibited from posting or uploading Personal Data.
- We reserve the right to decide whether to upload, change/alter or delete any kind of User Content. We may, at any time and without prior notice perform these rights.
- As the holder of a user account, you may submit any kind of material including but not limited to text, pictures, graphics and/or trademark signs (hereinafter jointly referred to as "User Content"). You acknowledge that, whether or not such User Content is published, we cannot guarantee confidentiality.
Restrictions on use
By using our Services, you agree to the following restrictions:
- You agree not to distribute Hannover Re's Services, even in part, via any medium. This also applies to the content provided by you or third parties using our Services;
- You agree not to modify or modify the Services, and
- You agree not to bypass, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related functions of the Services that (i) prevent or restrict the use or reproduction of Content or (ii) ensure restrictions on the usability of the Services or the accessible Content.
- You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services we provide may change from time to time without notice to you.
- You are entitled to stop using the Services at any time. You do not need to separately notify us of your suspension of use of the Services.
- You agree that you are solely responsible in connection with and for the consequences of any breach of your obligations under these Terms and/or applicable laws.
- You agree that Hannover Re may remove any content or information that you publish using our Services if we believe that you are in breach of these Terms or applicable law, or if we are legally obliged to do so. If you manifestly, seriously and repeatedly violate these Terms or if we are legally obliged to do so, we may immediately deny you access to our Services or discontinue them in whole or in part. If we take such measures to block your account, we will notify you by e-mail.
- By using our Services, you agree to the following restrictions:
- With the exception of your User Content, all content, in particular all texts, software, graphics, photos, music, sounds and interactive elements (hereinafter also referred to as " Hannover Re Content") of our Services are either our property or licensed to us. The Hannover Re Contents are subject to copyrights, trademark rights and other intellectual property rights of our licensors or us. Any trademarks or service marks associated with Hannover Re Content are the property of their respective owners.
- Hannover Re Content may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, sent, exhibited, sold, licensed or otherwise used for any other purpose of any kind without the prior written consent of us or our licensors. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to and relating to any Hannover Re Content.
- The Services may contain hyperlinks to other websites which do not belong to Hannover Re or are controlled by Hannover Re. Hannover Re has no control and accepts no liability for the content, data protection guidelines or activities of external websites.
- You acknowledge and agree that Hannover Re is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or sources and does not accept or endorse any advertising, products or other materials available on or through such sites.
Termination of contract
- The provisions shall remain effective until terminated by you or Hannover Re in accordance with the following.
Both parties may terminate the contractual relationship with respect to our Services by
- notifying the other party at any time and/or
- closing a respective user account.
- Your termination notification must be sent to our address stated at the beginning of these Terms.
- A message to you will always be sent using the e-mail address you entered in your user account. You are responsible for ensuring that the email address stored for your user account is always up-to-date
Exclusion of warranty
- The Services are provided "as is" and we make no warranty or guarantee with respect to the Services.
In particular, we do not guarantee or warrant that:
- The use of the Services meets your expectations,
- the use of the Services is not interrupted, timely, secure and error-free; and
- any information obtained as a result of your use of the Services is accurate or reliable.
- We shall only be liable in cases of intent or gross negligence. Liability in case of slight negligence is excluded. These restrictions do not apply in the event of injury to life and limb or under the Product Liability Act.
Irrespective of this, we shall also not be liable for
- any indirect or consequential damages. This includes any loss of profits (whether direct or indirect), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any loss of data suffered by you.
any loss or damage as a result:
- any changes we make or have made to the Services or any permanent or temporary suspension in the provision of the Services;
- the deletion, loss or damage in connection with User Content and other communication data received or transmitted by or through your use of the Service;
- your failure to provide us with accurate information regarding your user account;
- your failure to keep your password or account details secure and confidential.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless
, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees) arising from:
- your use of and access to the Service;
- your violation of any term of these Terms;
- your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, data protection and/or privacy right; or
- any claim that your User Content caused damage to a third party.
- This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms as well as your use of the Service.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Hannover Re , its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees) arising from:
Changes to the provisions
- We may change the provisions from time to time. If such changes are made, we will make a new copy of the Terms available at https://equarium.hannover-re.com/terms_of_use.
- If you continue to use the Service after the date on which the Terms have changed, you have accepted the new terms.
Final provisions and place of jurisdiction
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods
- Place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this framework agreement or an individual agreement related legal disputes is Hannover, Germany.
- There are no verbal ancillary agreements to this contract.
- Should any provision of this contract be or become invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. The parties undertake to replace the invalid provision by a provision that comes as close as possible to the economic intention. The same applies in the event of a contractual gap